Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
The Registered Respiratory Therapist performs comprehensive evaluation and diagnostic testing. The Respiratory Therapist reviews existing clinical data and collects additional pertinent data. He or she evaluates all data to determine the appropriateness of the prescribed respiratory care and participates inthe development and delivery of the respiratory care plan.
- The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- General Respiratory Therapy and patient care.
- EMS support for stat critical care transfers.
- EMS support for transfers related to the organ donation program.
- Support for future para medicine program for COPD patients and COPD readmissions.
- Complete patient education for COPD/ pulmonary patients.
- Making outpatient follow up appointments for COPD/ pulmonary patients
- Making outpatient COPD/ pulmonary patients follow up calls.
- Will be utilized as a patient help line for COPD/ pulmonary patients.
- Referring source for cardiopulmonary rehab.
- Monitoring and tracking quality data.
- Implementing equipment and process flow trials to improve patient quality of care and quality metrics.
- Be the respiratory UPC representative for the Emergency Room.
- Act as a liaison between ER and Respiratory care inpatient.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- ACLS Required
- BLS Required
- RRT Required
- RRT-NPS (preferred)
- Associates degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5yrs Respiratory experience preferred
- Home care experience preferred
- 5years emergency room experience preferred
- Quality data tracking experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office required