The General is seeking a Regulatory Attorney to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
As the Regulatory Attorney, you will responsible for supporting regulatory compliance enterprise wide by development and execution of best practices and processes focused on speed-to-market, consistency and compliance for all functions related to the implementation of regulatory and legislative changes or enhancements to the company’s core products through collaboration with various business partners and risk identification and mitigation. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as point of contact, coordinate and collaborate with regulatory bodies and business partners to ensure compliance with all state requirements are met
- Research relevant laws, regulations and case law to interpret and draft policy contract language to advance product initiatives
- Formalize compliance opinions regarding legal questions or issues as they arise either in written response or participation in business decisions
- Work with various internal departments to develop and maintain processes and procedures to facilitate the timely and accurate execution of all types of product enhancements as well as research new state initiatives and products
- Advise on the interpretation of applicable laws and regulations working with various business partners
- Work with compliance and product to develop and maintain processes and procedures to monitor and respond to any and all regulatory and/or legislative requirements which result in changes to product design or rating.
- Develop tools that assist in determining exposure to regulatory and/or compliance risks
- Compile information related to quality improvement and compliance monitoring activities for internal use and external audits and maintains relevant records
- Provide guidance and oversight to business units to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and monitors corrective action plans relating to regulatory compliance
- Serve as consultant for all other members of the Product Department as to best practices and current system functionality as well as provide guidance and advice for enhancements or changes