The RS I position exists in branches having a cash operation. Under general supervision, the RS I performs a wide variety of duties relating to handling member transactions including but not limited to; receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits and loan / VISA payments, making account transfers, issuing money orders, making cash advances, recommending other products and services, performing all types of withdrawals, account maintenance, and opening savings, checking, money market and certificate of deposit accounts (excluding trust and IRA accounts). The RS I is comprehensively cross-trained to provide plastic card services such as; issuing temporary cards, re-pinning existing cards, and ordering new cards. An RS I maintains records of various sale transactions such as; money orders, cash advances, and balances a daily cash drawer. RS I ensures member transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner to make sure that Credit Union member service objectives are achieved. The RS I may also be called upon to assist with daily balancing. Cross-sells all other products and services to include Investment Services , First Mortgages, and Autoland (auto loans). The value the RS I position adds to the organization is it allows for in-person, personalized service and provides opportunities to conduct needs-based sales using referrals for other Credit Union products and services that support various production goals.
- Performs various RS I duties including; receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits and loan payments, transfers, money orders, cash advances, and all types of withdrawals (cash and checks).
- Opens savings, checking, issue temporary checks, money market, and certificate of deposit accounts, as needed.
- Processes plastic card services such as issuing temporary cards, repining existing cards and ordering new cards.
- Performs a wide variety of account maintenance; change of address and name change.
- Recommends other products and services appropriately with each member transaction.
- Required to complete compliance training and all other training offered to RS I.
- Balances cash drawer.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect.
- 1-yr related branch operations experience.
- Knowledge of BSA, Regulation CC, D, E and all other pertinent regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all deposit account products and all services.
- Basic knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and NCUA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic math skills (adding cash) to be able to compute interest on savings, loans, and certificates.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office machines to include; copier, 10-key and PC.
- Proficient in the operations of a PC and Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Internet / Intranet
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Good verbal / written communication, problem solving, member service, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must present a professional demeanor.
- Capable of working under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Successful completion of all compliance related coursework
- NMLS Registered
Education: High School or Equivalent
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place