Join one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage teams. At Penfed, our people are our greatest advantage. As we grow rapidly, we want to hire the industry’s leading talent. If you are up for the challenge, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Agent Mortgage Loan Officer at our Reston, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to respond to mortgage inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other PenFed’s business channels. The Agent MLO will conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine member-financing objectives, advice members of product and pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
*This position is remote and must be located within a 25 mile radius of Reston, Virginia.'
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells PenFed mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Promote sales and continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of realtor and member business relationships. Increase mortgage business by marketing, promoting and recommending loan products and services with use of sales techniques to promote and close transactions.
- Represent PenFed in the market place, research competitor and other external marketplace best practices. Maintain awareness of competitive strategies and knowledge of product offerings as a means to improving sales penetration and fulfilling the needs of actual and potential members.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Conventional, VA and FHA lending policies and procedures.
- Provide sound mortgage advice to members regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products and pricing policies and guidelines.
- Ensure exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HDMA) guidelines.
- Learn and utilize assigned programs and technology to maintain regulatory loan documentation requirements. Ensure all conditions and closing dates are met.
- Initiate and maintain contact with realtors and members throughout the processing period. Ensure that all related parties are kept informed of loan status, conveying the appropriate level of urgency and professionalism so that all expectations are exceeded.
- Identify any issues, which may affect ability to meet previously established conditions and dates in a timely manner.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) year of college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of Conventional, FHA and or VA lending guidelines.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.