Join one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage teams. At Penfed, our people are our greatest advantage. As we grow rapidly, we want to hire the industry’s leading talent. If you are up for the challenge, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Manager, Digital Mortgage Loan Officer at our Phoenix, Arizona location. The primary purpose of this job is to develop and manage a team of Digital Mortgage Loan Officers to be trusted advisors to our members and assist with the appropriate decision of mortgage or home equity loan for their unique needs.
*This position is remote, and can be located within a 100 mile radius of the posting location.*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor, track and trend all phone calls and lead opportunities to ensure staff are working and coordinating with the processor to obtain credit approval within established guidelines.
- Ensure staff has the knowledge and appropriate tools to provide sound mortgage advice to members regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products, and pricing, and guidelines.
- Responsible for the development of staff to maintain knowledge and appropriate tools to support a relationship with members through the home buying process and experience.
- Monitor all pre-approvals to ensure the Digital Mortgage Loan Officer is maintaining a relationship with the member and provide guidance when member gets a property. Track leads Digital Mortgage Loan Officers are able to refer to PenFed Realty.
- Ensure staff meet the quality measures for a complete application.
- Deliver excellent member and realtor experience by being proactive in communication of information, return calls promptly, and setting the right the expectations up front.
- Ensure staff have a strong understanding of the entire loan process. Lead, develop and mentor the team to utilize assigned programs and technology to maintain regulatory loan documentation requirements.
- Monitor all conditions and closing dates are met.
- Ensure staff remain in contact with members throughout the processing period to ensure PenFed has continued to meet members’ needs by conveying the appropriate level of urgency and professionalism so that all expectations are exceeded.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, marketing or a related field is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating business.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of Supervisory/Assistant Manager experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of agency, non-agency, FHA, VA, and home equity lending guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
- Maintain knowledge of Agency, Non-agency, VA and Home Equity lending policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have an active NMLS license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.