Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Mortgage Business Intelligence Analyst at one of our following locations: Phoenix,Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; Dallas Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina and McLean, Virginia. This position is responsible for reporting/dashboard creation, business data analysis, and management of Tableau Server. Extensive experience with SQL, data visualization tools, and large data sets is required to be successful in this role. The position will be responsible for designing and developing departmental reports and dashboards while ensuring proper production and maintenance of them. The incumbent will work cross departmentally with end users to understand business requirements and functional specifications. This position will envision and create analytical solutions to questions raised by the business area.
The compensation range for this role is $53,600 - $101,425
This role is eligible for a Scorecard bonus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage, create, upgrade and maintain departmental dashboards, ad hoc, and scheduled reports for the Mortgage department while ensuring that they are distributed in a timely manner.
- Develop Tableau dashboards for all levels of the Mortgage business area: operational, management and executive level reporting. Uses experience and judgment to call out key trends, emerging opportunities or risks in the business process.
- Provide technical support, training and assistance to departmental and outside personnel for the various systems used to monitor department programs.
- Work with Home Loans units to develop reports to monitor business performance and ad-hoc analysis to provide insight to operational efficiency and profitability.
- Develop and use models and analytical techniques to help identify specific areas to gain production efficiencies or enhance profitability.
- Keep informed of new ideas and academic research within the industry, best practices, and regulatory developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
- Ability to interpret and explain statistical models for production forecasting, custom risk/performance scorecards with guidance, including but not limited to compiling data, sampling/prepping data, feature selection, model comparison/selection and monitoring.
- Monitor the reporting function and product and procedural changes within the department to ensure that product information and loan criteria are current.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in federal and state regulations concerning real estate related lending and changes in guidelines initiated by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) and other Federal and state government agencies.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Data Analytics, Mathematics or Computer Science or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience required.
- Experience using data to illustrate business performance, options and risks with the ability to develop materials for all levels of the company, from operational to C-level audiences is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Applied experience with Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Experience with Tableau Server environments is recommended.
- Tableau Desktop experience is required. Candidates with a Tableau Public profile will be prioritized.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases required. Advanced ability working with large data sets, databases and combining data from various data sources to generate reports and analytics.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skills and experience preferred.
- Recommended experience with statistical analysis and modeling (e.g. regressions, decision trees, clustering)
- Recommended experience with any combination of SAS, R, and Python.
- Preferred experience in mortgage originations/servicing, specifically Encompass.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.