Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Analyst II, Mortgage IT Systems at our McLean, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, delivering initiatives, and defining some testing criteria. In addition, this role will also serve as project lead on major initiative, confer with and advise business on functional aspect of requirements, define scope and objectives, and create system specifications that drive system development and implementation. The Systems Analyst II incumbents function as a liaison between IT and users and have both business and technical expertise.
*This position is remote, and can be located anywhere in the United States.*
**Eligible for Scorecard Bonus**
**Eligible for Signing Bonus**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Engage with technology partners and applicable business stakeholders on strategic initiatives, project prioritization, project management and delivery communication.
- Conduct requirements analysis and prepare specific proposals for new implementation, modification, or replacement of systems.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Engage and facilitate conversations between business and various IT teams through completion of an initiative or a project.
- Develop strong working relationships and regular communication cadence with internal stakeholders and business partners.
- Work well with internal teams, including other product owners, developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Navigate the internal processes and teams, effectively communicate through the process, and identify & effectively communicate the opportunities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on assigned or multiple functions.
- Lead meetings and presentations for reviews of business processes, technical solutions, status, and risk mitigants.
- Uncover and understand external and internal stakeholder needs and translate them into requirements.
- Provide frequent communication of roadmap, risk, analysis and apply feedback with leaders and individual contributors.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Troubleshoot critical third party and proprietary issues to resolution.
- Ensure the technical team works on the right things from the stakeholder’s perspective
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing system analysis.
- Experience with Confluence Jira is preferred.
- Dynamic and passionate individual with strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Independent self-driven problem solver leverages multiple technology solutions and manage multiple deliverables at one time.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise and the opportunity to work remotely.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.