Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Senior Mortgage Learning Partner. The primary purpose of this role is to facilitate engaging, soft skill and technical learning experiences, provide basic instructional design/content curation, and act as a strategic partner with LOB leadership. This individual will guide the learner through the use of engaging and effective adult learning priniples and design according to accepted learning practices. Learning sessions will be facilitated virtually and in person.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Refine and develop new learning workflows to meet extraordinarily fast lending timelines and closing deadlines in a highly efficient production environment
- Work directly with operations, loan officers, title, closing and vendors
- Track, measure, and manage to key performance indicators relating to timelines, efficiency, loan quality, and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Understand escalated items, including loan approval and documentation requirements, structuring requirements, and denials to team members and loan officers in a manner which they can understand.
- Maintain current knowledge and familiarity with current mortgage and compliance laws and regulations
- Read, analyze and interpret mortgage/financial documents
- Maintain high level of customer service and communicate with professionalism externally and internally with other departments and/ or business partners.
- Lead high quality learning experiences, virtually and in person.
- Facilitate learning for new-hire and exisiting employee populations.
- Establish clear expectations for learners in each learning session, and foster an environment conducive to learning and growth.
- Be a strategic partner with LOB leaders, stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Consult with business leaders on learning needs and prioritization.
- Design and currate learning content.
- Identify success metrics, and conduct pre- and post- training evaluations to test and monitor progress in learning.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of learning programs and/or learner performance to ensure learning objectives are achieved.
- Work with Learning and Development leadership to align learning goals with overall corporate and departmental objectives.
- Maintain vendor relationships for line of business learning programs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of operating policies and procedures, and PenFed’s products and services.
- Manage multiple learning initiatives simultaneously.
- Abibity to lead projects from start to finish with minimal direct.
- Manage general classroom responsibilities (supplies, setup, materials).
*This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Administration, Human Resources) or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Five (5) years related work experience in training required.
- Significant experience within Mortgage industry, processes, terminology and systems required.
- Experience with Mortgage Origination and Servicing Systems required.
- Knowledge of Windows-based software packages including MS-Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Web-based authoring or design skills/coursework is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills is required.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.