- Ensure rendering equipment is operating as required by standard operating policies.
- Maintain proper sanitation in all facility areas and surrounding grounds.
- Work as a team with other employees to service and maintain rendering equipment.
- Must not have impaired vision. Position requires full range of body motion: standing, squatting, kneeling, upper body twisting and lifting of 75 pounds. Working overhead and climbing on ladders required.
- Must have good attendance history; 3 points or less.
- Must consistently work a minimum of 6 days/nights per week, including overtime and availability to work as needed.
- Self-starter, organized and attentive to detail with the ability to work with minimal supervision and have an interest in learning additional skills.
- Have understanding of company policies.
- Be able to read and understand English.
- Must have T-Rex and Bobcat certification or be able to become certified.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits