Rep Anatomic Path Support I- Irving, Texas - Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filing and retrieval of slides as requested
- Electronic recording of slides into Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Mail handling and distribution
- May load/unload slides onto the Focal Point instrument
- Print/Collate History Match
- Manage process for requesting recuts, special stains and immunohistochemistry stains
- May participate in QA/QC support activities
- May contact clients to request additional information
- May handle incoming calls, responding in a professional and timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Education or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic computer functions; Quest LIS knowledge is desirable
- Data Entry skills
- Good clerical, organizational, phone and communication skills
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment
- 1 year related experience preferred