Rep Chronic Care Mgmt-I- Lenexa, Kansas - Monday through Friday
Questions and Answers. In Client Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Client Service is something we take pride in – making sure that the people we serve feel valued and understood, while providing and gathering accurate information. Client Service is always critical and that’s why our team is both valued and recognized within the business as a key part of our brand. As part of a diverse and supported team, Client Services offers an outstanding career path with an industry leader.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide Chronic Care Management services as an extension of the clinical staff of physician practices and manages a caseload of patients with 2 or more chronic conditions. The role provides a range of care coordination services through outbound calls, including ongoing health interviews, coordination with family members and other caregivers, and working with community services to ensure access to care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes data entry portion of workflow, prior to a regularly scheduled calls between assigned to Chronic Care Management nurse. Data entry may include gathering and data entering health status, medication use, orders from the referring physician, and ensuring through this investigative interview, that there is a record of the patient’s chronic health condition(s).
- Will utilize a proprietary application and systems to receive and enter patient data in preparation for the nurse’s monthly patient encounters. You will be responsible for ensuring data is entered efficiently and accurately, with legible records while assisting in a variety of medical related support tasks under the general supervision of the referring physician.
- May handle inquiries via phone, email and other electronic communication in a timely manner to effectively provide a high level of customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
- Provides resolution on routine to moderate issues and is responsible for providing a professional response back to all internal/external requestors. Identifies situations were escalation may be required to a LPN or RN for resolution.
- Uses established protocols for reporting and documenting client issues or concerns around access to care, transitions of care and care coordination.
- Escalation severe issues that fall outside of typically duties to appropriate parties for resolution. Adheres to department quality and responsiveness standards.
- Responds to the needs and requests of clients and ExamOne management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
- Understands and complies with federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to HIPAA and OSHA
- Observes all compliance policies and safety policies and procedures as outlined in the ExamOne Safety Manual or safety matters included in other special training.
- Proactively manages an assigned outbound call volume, and successfully controls the conversation and flow of the interview to meet time requirements.
- Successfully builds relationships with patients in an assigned territory.
- Follows standard operating procedures to perform daily tasks.
- Ability to monitor and meet individual monthly scorecard metrics.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Experience in medical terminology or health industry
- 2 years’ experience in a medical certificate field
- Past experience working in a remote or at home environment desirable.
Other: Minimum Skills Required
- Excellent oral communication skills, and capable of interfacing with patients, peers, and management staff in a clear and professional manner.
- A minimum of 40 words per minute typing speed
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Precise time management skills
- Ability to adapt to change in the environment (what are we really looking for? Is it working in a business that is still being developed?)
- Good organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to work within structured, goal oriented environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and independent decision-making abilities.
- Work in a fast paced environment handling multiple tasks (including working with phone & PC simultaneously).
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Detail-oriented and accurate with names/numbers.
- Good organization and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrate Integrity and a commitment to company values.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to influence and solicit sensitive information from patients via the phone and increase their comfort and participation in CCM program
- Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to sit for extended amount of time talking over the phone and typing information into a computer system.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and on the telephone.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to operate computer keyboard, office equipment and other essential tasks.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch and reach with hands and arms.
- This position infrequently lifts carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds.