Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am, and every 3rd Saturday
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
In an environment where the patient is at the center of everything we do, individuals in this position are primarily responsible for data entry of information as it relates to patient and client. The Data Entry Rep (DER I) is responsible for data entry within the Specimen Processing Department and requires a data entry background. Functions performed may include but are not limited to determining and verifying client account numbers, patient demographics and order codes into the Laboratory Information System (LIS). All functions must be performed accurately and in a timely manner. Job complexity requires solid organizational skills and the ability to transcribe/determine appropriate order codes and account numbers. Based on staffing needs, weekends, holidays, on call and overtime may be required as needed. The Specimen Processing department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires accurate data entry of all required information on requisitions
- Maintains compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet quality and production standards
- Must be detail-oriented with independent work habits
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the DET I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to Specimen Processing
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months – 100% productivity rate
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience:
- Prior work experience doing primarily data entry; production environment preferred
- Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to key a minimum of 8,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour with minimal errors
- Able to sit for long periods
- Ability to visually interpret information
- Ability to work overtime as needed, based on department
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed, based on department needs
- Communicates effectively and is cooperative with all levels of staff
- Maintains composure while working under pressure
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety, confidentiality, and compliance policies and procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment