Rep PS III (Phleb)-Site Lead- San Antonio, Texas -
Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important – it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
The Patient Service Representative III – Site Lead (PSR III – Site Lead) represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR III – Site Lead draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR III – Site Lead has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR III – Site Lead will direct daily activity at a Patient Service Center (PSC) or In-Office Phlebotomy (IOP) and leads more than one PSR on site. The PSR III – Site Lead can provide coverage at multiple locations for multiple roles. The PSR III – Site Lead must ensure that daily activities of the Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long Term Care/In-Office Phlebotomy are completed accurately and on time. The PSR III – Site Lead demonstrates Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to work and direct daily activity in a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house call environment, long term care or as business needs dictate. Must be able to step in for a PSR II and lead one or more PSR on site. Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor, resource advisor for new employees and provide effective onboarding services to new clients. They will also act as point of contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the group lead or supervisor. The PSR III – Site Lead may also focus on working with customers who have a high complexity and/or volume practice with a specialized focus requiring outstanding phlebotomy skills. In addition, these practices require a higher level of customer facing skills including; verbal and written communications, problem solving, and collaboration with multiple functions, such as: Sales, Laboratory Testing Services, IT connectivity, Billing, and Logistics due to their specialty and or complex test orders. The PSR III – Site Lead must be capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from req or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
- Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.