Rep PSC Registration- Bedford, New Hampshire - M-F
PSC Registration Representatives are responsible for all PSC (Patient Service Center) front office duties. This function includes and is not limited to; Customer service, Quest Test (if applicable), TOROL data entry, Medical Necessity, Insurance billing codes, problem resolution, following HIPPA regulations, distributing patient satisfaction cards and ordering office supplies.
1) Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner.
2) Ensures all patient registration is completed accurately and on time.
a. Insures that patient registration is completed, including Advanced Beneficiary Notices when applicable.
b. Responsible for data entry into PSC TOROL.
c. Call clients to confirm handwritten orders, verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing information, i.e. Diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc.
d. Hands out Patient Satisfaction Cards.
e. Handles customer inquiries by telephone.
f. Explains Quest Test program to consumers and collects payment, if applicable.
3) Maintains required records and documentation.
a. Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
b. Maintains all appropriate PSC/Phlebotomy logs.
c. Assists with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
d. Performs basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, preparing mail.
4) Demonstrates organizational commitment.
a. Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
b. Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
c. Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement.
d. Use established protocols for reporting customer complaints.
e. Ensures that HIPPA Compliance regulations are followed; uses test translation tables.
f. Attends all required yearly training.
g. Orders necessary supplies.
h. Other duties as required to meet the customer requirements.
i. Completes special projects as requested by supervisor or manager.
j. Demonstrates and lives the Values of Quest Diagnostics.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One-year prior customer service experience required Medical Terminology preferred.
Keyboard/data entry and PC experience mandatory.
1. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, and overtime.
2. Must have strong communication skills. Able to speak the English language clearly and effectively communicate to customers and peer group.
3. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
4. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
5. Must type at least 30 WPM, accurately. PC skills and MS Office applications.
6. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise consistent, independent, sound judgment.
1. Extensive use of phone and PC.
2. Prolong standing/sitting
3. Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
4. Able to lift up to 25 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time.
6. Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details.
11. Reaching/Twisting Key word search: data entry operator clerk typist keyboarding front office receptionist clerical receptionist medical customer service representative