Rep Quality Assurance - Eso- Lewisville, Texas - Mon-Fri
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
- Coordinates Quality Assurance activities in the assigned testing department.
- Supports compliance with required regulatory processes in accordance with company policy, state and federal requirements.
- Supports inspection readiness at all times.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies.
- Coordinates compliance with applicable regulations through documentation, audits, and corrective action.
- Performs preliminary review of all departmental quality records. Collaborates with management in the testing department to investigate and help resolve non-conformances.
- Audits the training and competency program for assigned testing department. Provides training for staff in assigned department for Quality Assurances policies and procedures.
- Coordinates departmental internal and external proficiency testing activities.
- Supports compliance with document control policies for all procedures and related documents used in the assigned testing department’s quality program.
- Assists with internal and external audits. Performs audits in assigned department and other departments as directed.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement by collaborating with management to implement standardization and process improvement.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Actively participates as a member of the Quality Improvement Team.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
- At least 6 years of progressive laboratory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or other life or physical sciences from an accredited college or university.
- ASCP certification or eligible preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of current company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current local, state and federal requirements.
- Demonstrates leadership skills through accountability, integrity, and collaboration in daily tasks.
- Demonstrates initiative and strong problem solving skills.
- Communicates with employees in a manner that creates an informed, positive environment.
- Facilitates efforts to work with others in a way that promotes teamwork and change.
- Projects a positive, professional demeanor.
- Proficiency in computer skills using Windows based software (Word, Excel, etc.). Other computer skills such as statistical analysis and laboratory information system helpful.