Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a dedicated Repair Technician to join our Transfill Division. This position is responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance and repairs to specified healthcare equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes paperwork including labor hours and parts used
- Determines repair priorities
- Maintains a proper work area, clean of all debris and disinfects on regular basis
- Maintains inventory on all repair parts
- Maintains record-keeping as necessary to comply with policies and procedures
- Maintains working relationship with vendors and obtains ongoing relations with all local and national vendors
- Orders repair parts
- Physical and electronic receiving of equipment to be repaired
- Provides technical support to locations for equipment repair
- Receives incoming parts and supplies
- Schedules delivery of equipment to other locations
- Trouble-shoots and repairs equipment to meet manufacturing guideline specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- On-site training available as required on specific equipment
- Maintain certification necessary to repair specific equipment
- Must pass and maintain vendor training classes and become certified per manufacturing classes
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to determine when repairs are feasible as compared to manufacturing guidelines
- Ability to understand and evaluate electrical systems via electronic meter
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with location employees to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to learn
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Lift up to 60lbs as necessary
- Loading and unloading of equipment
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, etc.
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- Oxygen analyzer
- Warehouse/repair/workshop environment with bench style workstation including the tools necessary to perform job function
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.