The Research Analyst will report directly to the Sr. Research Director located in our New York City offices. This position will work on all four of Sinclair’s Emerging Broadcast Television Networks: Comet, Charge, TBD, and Stadium. These growing broadcast networks have been a focal point in the continued success of the company. This highly visible position services information and analyses to many teams including; programming, scheduling, ad-sales, marketing, distribution, and corporate.
- Gather and interpret information from various TV media research sources for ongoing reports
- Create and maintain TV ratings tracks of competitive broadcast and cable networks and programs
- Compile weekly ratings reports for the company
- Maintain and update programming schedules into Nielsen systems
- Analyze original and acquired programming
- Generate decks and marketing materials for sales
- Aid in analysis and storytelling using qualitative and quantitative data
- 1-3 years of experience working at a broadcast/cable network, or media agency required
- Knowledge of Nielsen ratings and applicable Nielsen software, i.e. NTI, NSI, NPower required
- College degree in business, math or statistics required
- Strong analytic skills, with ability to interpret the research in a creative, strategic manner
- Be enthusiastic about creating great, insightful and impactful research
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.