Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Research Analyst at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to efficiently research, resolve and respond to a wide range of problems in response to PenFed staff and direct member inquires via PenFed’s various delivery channels, including live chat, email, telephone, mail, or branch visit.
Work schedule: May include Saturday
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Research, resolve and respond to a wide variety of complex problems and inquiries for PenFed members and other PenFed business units related to: PenFed loan and deposit accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), account ownership, online and mobile app technical support, etc.
- Respond to a high volume of live chat and member emails regarding share and loan products and accounts, ensuring quality member service. Utilize effective professional writing to resolve inquiries with the utmost professionalism and member care.
- Perform monetary and/or specialized account maintenance in PenFed systems in response to member requests.
- Regularly consider and approve applications to establish and maintain Trust, Representative Payee, Power of Attorney, Organization/Public Unit, VUTMA and other like accounts.
- Provide training and answer Member Service Representative (MSR) and Branch telephone inquiries.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and experience to look for opportunities to recommend changes that will streamline processes, improve efficiency and push the business forward.
- Provide technical support to members using, PenFed Online, Mobile, and NetMember.
- Utilize a wide range of proprietary and vendor computer applications including DOS-based systems.
- Maintain current working knowledge in all areas of PenFed products, services, policies procedures and loan and share processing.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a call center or related position is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Technical proficiency in standard business computer operations.
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
- Experience in a Salesforce environment preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.