Looking for qualified applicant to fill at a clinical research support laboratory for a temporary research assistant for our operation to work on our team until January 6, 2022 with hours that can be flexible within a 37+ hour work week Monday-Friday.
The Clinical Research Support Laboratory is the primary laboratory responsible for collecting, processing, stabilizing, documenting, shipping and tracking all research bio-specimens from patients participating in therapeutic clinical trials. The research assistant role will assist by providing meticulous preparation and coordination of biological specimens from patients participating in numerous on-site clinical trials. This position involves understanding and following protocols for a large number of clinical studies with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
1. Researches and collects data through complex laboratory/ scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures; library research; structured interviews; or through other means for designated research assignments.
2. Records and compiles information related to research data. Codes data accordingly to research specifications. Uses a computer terminal to input and retrieve data and to generate reports. Processes and summarizes data using scientific or statistical techniques.
3. Assists in data interpretation and analyses. Reports on status of research activities. Sets up, operates and maintains laboratory equipment and apparatus.
4. Formulates and prepares scientific solutions and media. Recruits study participants. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies.
5. May assist in designing, developing, and modifying research experiments, procedures, or survey instruments. May oversee and instruct research staff.
6. Performs additional functions incidental to research activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Qualified applicants, please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.