This position requires an individual to be responsible for supporting the development of new medical devices and improvements to existing products. These products are electromechanical in nature, and our designs serve a global market.
The successful candidate will contribute with multi-disciplinary teams to bring projects from concept through development and commercialization. They will also provide technical leadership, design, and testing of devices, and documenting conformance of our products to international standards. He/she will have an opportunity to perform testing in our labs and work with technicians extensively. The ability to build relationships is important in this role, as the candidate will interface with others in the Research and Development group, Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Planning/Logistics, Packaging/Labeling and with Outside Partners.
- Project and Technical support
- Participate in multi-departmental teams, to conduct product development and support maintenance of business activities.
- Manage assigned project tasks to established time lines and generate/maintain status updates
- DHF Documentation and adherence to guidelines and requirements associated with FDA/QSR design controls
- Product Performance Verification/Validation
- Product Transfer from R&D to Manufacturing
- Some travel to Support & Drive Projects
- Education: BS in Mechanical, Biomedical, or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience: 0-2 years of experience in medical product development or related field preferred
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work as a member of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Develops solutions to well defined technical problems
- Able to write well-constructed reports that support conclusions with facts.
- Works effectively in a diverse group
- Knowledge of Medical Device design controls preferred
- Capable of developing a schedule for smaller development tasks
- Ability to work in 3-D CAD systems – Solidworks preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office & MS Project
- Experience with Electromechanical product design/manufacturing is a plus
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) experience / certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Safety Standard 60601 is a plus
What R & D Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Research and Development Engineering is responsible for developing and implementing new products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering and documentation practices.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.