Provide personal care services, assistance, support and supervision to residents.
- Follow the assistance plan in providing services to residents.
- Assist in the development and updating of each resident's assistance plan.
- Do personal laundry for residents if so requested in the assistance plan.
- Strip and make residents' beds weekly; taken residents' linen to laundry for processing
- Assist in serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes.
- Clean residents' apartments, on daily basis, as instructed.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility.
- Give residents prescribed medication or remind them to take medication.
- Assist residents with oxygen, ostomies and other medical problems as outlined in the assistance plan.
- Encourage socialization among residents.
- Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Activity Coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
- Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents' interest.
- Chaperone activities outside the facility when requested.
- Monitor health, safety and well-being of the residents.
- Document information pertaining to changes in residents' functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc., as requested.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
- Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents on a weekly basis or as requested by supervisor or as specified in the assistance plan or daily communication log.
- Report concerns about residents to supervisor and coworkers.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow-up.
- Provide transportation services, using the company vehicle.
- Identify supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate record of chargeable services (transportation, cleaning, personal laundry, guest meals, guest room use, etc.). Submit record to supervisor by the designated date each month.
- Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Report on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs, but no later than 24 hours after occurrence.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Promote St. Joseph Village in a positive way.
- Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
- Two years previous work experience
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
- Fire and safety procedures
- Food-handling regulations
- Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine), office equipment (photocopier, telephone) and household appliances (vacuum cleaner, carpet shampoo machine)
3. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- C.N.A preferred