Sets up and operates various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas and mist inhalation equipment such as tents, masks, catheters, cannulas and incubators. Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosolized drugs. Prepares and maintains a chart for each patient containing all pertinent background information and treatment records. Cleans, inspects and tests inhalation therapy equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist, Respiratory Care Practitioner/StateOf Texas Dept. of Health licensure or new graduate [RRT(E)] of accredited Respiratory Care Program with Temporary RCP License
- Basic Life Support
- Successful completion of anAccredited Respiratory Care Program Completion of all clinicalsassociated with an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- Patient assessment skills
- Completion of all clinicals involving general floor care, Critical Care, and Neonatal/Pediatric areas
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the hospital TDS system for chart/charging purposes
- Invasive & non-invasive ventilators, oxygen delivery systems, blood gas analysis, delivery of respiratory Pharmacological agents