We believe in the power of people to create great care.
Pottstown Hospital is a 232-bed, acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We're 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
Assists in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with pulmonary disorders. Collects and analyzes sputum, blood, and breath specimens to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other gases. Also measures the lung capacity of a patient to determine if there is impaired function. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a manager.
- Graduate of an approved and accredited school for Respiratory Care.
- Post graduate courses in Respiratory Care are preferred.
- Two or more years experience is preferred.
- Current American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers CPR is required.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support for Health Care Providers is required within six months of hire.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Licensed to practice Respiratory Care in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Membership in the AARC is preferred.