Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ®, Nathan's Famous ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Farmer John ®, Kretschmar ®, John Morrell ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, Curly's ®, Healthy Ones ®, Morliny ®, Krakus ® and Berlinki ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.
The Keyholder position at the Peanut Shop of Savannah is responsible for ensuring all customers visiting the store are well served to ensure a pleasant experience while shopping. Additional tasks above the day-to-day selling functions of a sales associate include: opening/closing the store; acting as lead sales associate; responsible for all register duties, & following established guidelines for cash handling & store safe procedures.Core Responsibilities
- In addition to sales associate duties, the position is responsible for opening and closing the store; ensuring front & back of store is clean & neat in appearance & shelves are adequately stocked; POS register cash banks and change funds are counted/verified & deposits are taken to the bank or secured in the safe end of night and on non-banking days.
- Responsible for handling all activities related to inventory control for the store to include receiving product, processing discrepancies, accurately inputting product into the POS system, and ensuring adequate stocking is maintained.
- Maintains the store appearance when managers are unavailable and being available when short-staffed.
- Acts in a lead sales associate capacity when needed; creating & maintaining positive relations with all staff members.
- Transmits data and appropriate reports as needed to management.
- Ensures all doors to building are locked and secure upon leaving end of night.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school or equivalent GED; retail sales experience a plus.
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal relations & communication skills.
- Experience with POS systems and Microsoft Office applications necessary.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player with a willingness to help other employees when needed.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; stoop, sit, bend and reach for/retrieve products from fixtures, gather trash, and break down cardboard boxes.
- Frequently lift and/or move boxes up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retail store environment where use of step stool or ladder is necessary on occasion. Ability to work in close proximities such as stockrooms or behind counter. In the Savannah & Williamsburg stores, must be able to navigate stairs on the sales floor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits