Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Retail Pharmacy Manager
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated pharmacist capable of managing a hospital outpatient pharmacy. Our pharmacists play an important role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care in communities that are most in need. This includes immunizations, patient consultation, medication therapy management, and management of high risk patients.
- Develop and implement collaborative practice agreements to help drive patient medication compliance for high risk patients
- Implement best practices and ensure department compliance with state regulations.
- Ensuring adequate staffing is present to fulfill the needs of the pharmacy or pharmacy department.
- Maintaining accurate records of all prescription medication received and dispensed.
- Ensure policies are in place regarding accurate dispensing and labeling of prescriptions and those policies are followed.
- Ensure that security of the prescription area and its contents are maintained at all times, including the restriction of persons unauthorized by the pharmacist on duty from being present in the prescription area while the pharmacist is temporarily absent but within the premises and the reporting of any thefts and/or diversions of controlled substances are reported upon discovery to the Office of Drug Control and the Drug Enforcement Administration pursuant to Federal and State requirements.
- Ensuring only pharmacists and interns or externs under immediate personal supervision provide professional consultation with patients and physicians.
- Not allowing misbranded, deteriorated, adulterated, improperly stored or outdated drugs or any drugs marked ‘‘sample’’ or with any like designation or meaning are dispensed or present in the active stock in the pharmacy.
- Maintaining the prescription area in an orderly and sanitary manner.
- Maintaining that pharmacy and all pharmacy personnel comply with all Federal and State statutes, rules and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required, PharmD preferred
- 5 years retail pharmacy experience, preferred
- Pharmacy management experience preferred
- Pharmacist registration in the state where the position is located
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Interpersonal relations and customer service skills
- Multitasking and time management skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.