The Retail Sales Associate primary responsibility is to be a sales leader with a focus on customer
service and building relationships utilizing the tools provided and having the ability to multi-task
with an understanding of customer/business needs with a sense of urgency.
Additional responsibility includes daily merchandising, inventory control, store maintenance and
- Provide friendly, efficient service to all customers.
- Assist customer by suggesting additional merchandise that compliments their selections.
- Offer information about merchandise selection to minimize returns.
- Thank customer utilizing last name.
- Reinforce customer's selection and package with care.
- Deliver purchases to patient's rooms as needed.
- Assist in pricing merchandise, markdowns, restocking and other retail related duties.
- Utilize proper telephone etiquette at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm at all times.
- Ability to effectively handle customer service issues.
- Be familiar with all product information.
- Have a knowledge of back stock merchandise
- Provide feedback on merchandise request
- Know productivity and job performance standards.
- Assist and maintain visual merchandising and selling floor standards.
- Know and use promotional event information to maximize sales.
- Assist in preparation of annual physical inventory.
- Assist on opening and closing store.
- High School diploma/GED
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer skills including Word and POS systems
- Minimum 1-year's retail experience in a department store or specialty store.
- Experience in visual merchandising and POS applications
- Experience in cross-selling merchandise.
- Ability to work a flexible retail work schedule.