The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The Sales Associate position at The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg, is responsible for representing the company brand in all activities at the retail store level. Duties include ensuring all customers have a pleasant experience while shopping at The Peanut Shop by greeting each customer, assisting in their needs, answering questions, describing product features, making recommendations and pointing out current promotions. Additional duties include maintaining merchandise areas in appearance & stocking, ringing up sales and other general retail duties.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school or equivalent GED; retail sales experience a plus.
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal relations & communication skills.
- Experience with POS systems and Microsoft Office applications necessary.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player with a willingness to help other employees when needed.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time; stoop, sit, bend and reach for/retrieve products from fixtures, gather trash, and break down cardboard boxes.
- Frequently lift and/or move boxes up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retail store environment where use of step stool or ladder is necessary on occasion. Ability to work in close proximities such as stockrooms or behind counter. In the Savannah & Williamsburg stores, must be able to navigate stairs on the sales floor.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits