What Contract and Billing contributes to Cardinal Health
Contracts and Billing is responsible for finance related activities such as customer and vendor contract administration, customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing (including drop-ships), processing charge backs and vendor invoices, developing and negotiating customer and group purchasing contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working collaboratively in a finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to non-standard requests from vendors and customers.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
- Working unpaid or denied claims to ensure timely filing guidelines are meet.
- Submitting medical documentation/billing data to Commercial (MCO) and government (Medicare/Medicaid) providers
- Denials resolution for unpaid and rejected claims
- Preparing, reviewing and billing claims via electronic software and paper claim processing
- Insurance claims follow up regarding discrepancies in payment.
- Bachelors degree in business related field preferred, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1+ years experience as a Medical Biller or Denials Specialist preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within team environment
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding
- Competent with computer systems, software and 10 key calculators
- Knowledge of medical terminology
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.