Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Revenue Cycle Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing team efforts in support of driving accounts receivable related activities. This role works with the accounts receivable team to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, develop and implement processes and procedures to create efficiencies around specific accounts receivable activities that are required to be implemented by the client agreement.
Provides assistance / resolution to external and internal inquiries around patient financial service functions.
Ensures processes and tools are in place to consistently achieve goals
Establishes and tracks key metrics for flow through the revenue cycle such as; A / R aging, days outstanding, billing timeliness
Provides detailed assessments of revenue cycle practices, developing management plans to migrate client to a Best Practice environment, and implementing the recommended changes identified in these management plans
Manages communication and processes between business office and clinics involved in the revenue cycle and identify areas for improvement
Addresses operational improvement opportunities with appropriate staff and departments
Tracks, trends and analyzes payer rejects, denials and correspondence to enable further automation and process improvements
Acts as a technical expert with regard to financial class responsibility, to answer questions raised by clients and team members
Maintains a current working knowledge of all patient financial and healthcare related issues and regulations
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 5+ years of experience as a Manager or Director of a Central Business Office (CBO) or Billing Office in an ambulatory (physician billing) setting
- Ability to represent the revenue cycle at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in business administration or related field
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate and influence decisions by motivating others to achieve excellence in both the quality of work and their approach to team work
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with colleagues and clients
- Proven record of competencies in the following areas: creativity and innovation, customer focus, team oriented, pro - activity, personal communication, impact and influence
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Central Business Office (CBO), Billing Office, ambulatory (physician billing), OptumInsight, Revenue Cycle, operatios, manager