Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring prolific reliability and efficiency.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, IS in ABB is the place to be!
ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
As Risk and Security Architecture Lead, you will leverage your technical expertise to enable the correct defining, establishing, delivering and maintaining of Infrastructure Security Services in the functions, regions and countries, ensuring our EL (Electrification) systems have in depth defense by implementing various layered controls to minimize IT risk to EL business globally. You’ll collaborate with global and local IT organizations to drive strategic initiatives with responsibility for implementing the global & information security projects for Electrification to ensure alignment and compliance.
- Establish strategy and process for the continuous monitoring of controls for implemented InfoSec framework is in place to regularly analyze risk potentials arising from business and ELIS strategy or operations.
- Work closely with IS Innovation & Enterprise Architecture team and Global Business Services team to develop and implement the roadmap for these organizations to design and build security into all IS services and applications.
- Mitigate deficiencies by ensuring potential risks are identified, evaluated and EL business exposure is avoided or managed, through the implementation of mitigating actions.
- Contribute directly to the development of the EL IT InfoSec Strategy and governance, planning of strategic initiatives, security architecture, and implementation of continuous compliance and resilience services in EL IT.
- Assess and ensure that new or major initiatives, architecture, projects etc., are in line with ABB Information Security standards and policies.
- Implement global controls to ensure and monitor security; Report regularly on the performance to Business IS Leadership.
- Implements and manages GDPR, CCPA and other information security frameworks including any US regulation for IT, status reporting, metrics and benchmarks and overseeing support activities.
- Conduct internal security assessments with business team, local and global IS teams and coach project manager to produce the reports and communicate the results and findings to respective teams.
- Ensure every EL IS employee understands the importance of Risk Management.
- Investigate critical IS Risk Incidents based on defined IS risk thresholds and develop mitigation plans, with actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and direction to stakeholders who are accountable for ensuring the implementation, running and continuous improvement of the InfoSec Compliance framework and policies within EL IT.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering is required
- With 12 or more years of experience in Information Security.
- Must have at least 5-7 years implementing risk management framework, governance, IT risk assessment and management, and IT Audit.
- 5 or more years of experience in reviewing and evaluating information systems architectures, with ability to provide enterprise risk management, mitigation and remediation solutions is preferred.
- Successful candidate will possess direct knowledge of a broad range of regulatory requirements, including industry standards, legislation and compliance frameworks, such as:
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) 27001
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and ISO 20000
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Six Sigma, ISO/IEC 17799
- Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI)/Business Continuity Institute (BCI) requirements
- U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600, BS 25999, NIST, HIPAA, CCPA, PCI DSS, etc.
- Solid knowledge of GRC frameworks, assurance and security standards, IT governance, processes and program standards, GRC software and (new) control practices, IT infrastructure, DBMS and ERP systems and financial re-porting processes are required
- Must have working knowledge of the following technical areas of expertise: information policy formulation, information security management, business risk management, IT risk assessment and management, IT continuity management, IT governance formulation, and organizational change management, IT financial management and IT audit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team leadership and collaboration skills are absolutely required.
- This role requires an individual leader with high level of personal integrity, with the ability to handle confidential and otherwise sensitive matters professionally and with the appropriate level of judgement and maturity.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.