- Reviewing and preparing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and submitting to FinCEN using a BSA software application.
- Researching reported suspicious activity and suspicious activity system alerts to determine the nature of the activity and if further review is necessary.
- Reviewing cases and making a determination for the need to file a Suspicious Activity Report. This includes aggregating information across systems and analyzing the information to reach a conclusion.
- Drafting complete and accurate Suspicious Activity Reports, addressing the "who, what, when, where and how' elements of the activity.
- Performing OFAC watch lists reviews and following up on potential OFAC issues with the BSA Officer.
- Remaining well-versed in BSA and related laws, policies and procedures, and FFIEC guidelines and assisting the Bank Secrecy Act Officer in maintaining and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures for BSA, Member Identification Program, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC processes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with at least one year related experience in financial institution compliance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Bank Secrecy Act compliance required.
- Industry certification in Bank Secrecy ACT (BSA), or related industry certification preferred.
- Experience with Verafin (BSA/AML interdiction software) a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, financial reports, technical procedures, or legal documents.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.