Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to the Business Line Manager in Electronics. Work remote position. Key Account Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing select key account strategies focusing on end users. Evaluate customer requirements and develop and implement sales strategies designed to satisfy those requirements while ensuring profitable growth, adding value, improving performance and ensuring optimum levels of customer satisfaction. Focus is on Key Accounts within the Electronics business line segment.
- Develop and initiate sales strategies for key accounts and lead the continuous implementation of the defined strategy. Create added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements).
- Ensure achievement of agreed sales targets and margins with a structured follow-up and reporting process. Establish, build, and maintain long-term, strategic customer relationships to improve the Company's opportunities for sales and profits, ensure customer satisfaction and act as the focal point for problem resolution.
- Coordinate communications among customers and various business units to ensure accurate, consistent and relevant information. Communicate to the business units such information as forecasts of customer needs, resource requirements, shop loading and recommendations for value-added offerings.
- Identifies and prioritizes opportunities, Monitors competitor’s activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented. Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) to increase ABBs market awareness and influence customers at all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business, and 8 years of experience in Sales, Account Management, automation, sales support, OR Associates' Degree, preferably in a technical field, and 10 years of experience in Sales, Account Management, automation, sales support.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in The United States.
- Open to travel about 50%.
- Strategic and value-based sales experience, knowledge of integrated automation systems. Experience with Electronics segment is highly preferred. Experience in robotics, consumer segment, or service robotics experience.
- Experience working with customers at the executive level and should have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Creative thinker with a commercial focus, good technical understanding, and results orientation.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.