Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Route Supervisor plans and supervises activities of Direct Store Delivery \u201cDSD\u201d route sales personnel for the purpose of achieving company volume and profit objectives while complying with Company policies. The Route Supervisor is also responsible for day \u2013 to \u2013 day customer interaction, sales growth and ongoing skill development of route salespeople. This employee also supervises route and relief sales to ensure sales are maximized and assists with preparing sales plans.Core Responsibilities
- Supervises salespeople to assure sales volume and profit goals are met
- Monitor and meet Company goals for unsaleable returns, shrink, A.R. and inventories
- Assist in screening and final selection of route salespeople
- Train salespeople on all Company policies and procedures and evaluate performance
- Conduct one-with-one meetings with route salespeople to discuss performance
- Conduct \u201cworkwiths\u201d with route salespeople to develop their selling and customer service skills
- Coach route salespeople to successfully sell against baseline and promotion opportunities
- Key account responsibility - servicing the customer and developing collaborative relationships with all key personnel
- Ensure route schedules are followed \u2013 all customers are serviced as scheduled
- Provide back-up route coverage as needed
- Plan the customer business on an annual/quarterly/monthly basis
- Achieve volume plan and financial plan
- Assist in the planning and conducting of all sales meetings
- Responsible for the maintenance of route sales books
- Responsible for adherence with all safety programs
- Assure the appearance and condition of all Company personnel and equipment is kept up to Company standards
- Collect, chart, and interpret statistical data; manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required
- Support branch meetings focused on plan to achieve sales objectives and other goals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business or related field and 2+ years’ relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years experience acting as a lead by providing training, guidance or mentoring to less experienced staff or managing processes and projects.
- Prior sales experience required, DSD experience preferred
- A valid Driver's License required and a valid CDL-B Driver’s License will be required within 90 days of start date
- Individual must pass a DOT written test and a DOT physical and drug screen
- Highly motivated self-starter skills at leading people and managing financial results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills \u2013 Microsoft office (Word/Excel) required
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and planning abilities
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits