What IT Client Systems Management contributes to Cardinal Health
- IT Client Systems Management is responsible for end user compute engineering, virtualization, and real-time communications.
- Designs, implements, operates and maintains the technology infrastructure encompassing desktop, email, fax, unified communication, mobility, endpoint application management and security.
- Processes service requests and/or resolves technical problems related to service area (troubleshooting).
- Coordinates and leads resolution of technical problems within area of technology concentration.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business processes, systems engineering, operations research and engineering aspects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technology concentration implemented within a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Analyzes system operating efficiencies, capacity and recommends measures to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of automation and scripting methodologies within area of technology concentration.
- As the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) engineer, the qualified candidate should be well versed with configuring and administering SCCM 2012 Current Branch.
- SCCM Engineer will design and maintain Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager environment(s) which includes; desktop/laptop infrastructure, administrator console, software/hardware inventory, software distribution, Office 365, Windows 10, and Endpoint Anti-Virus.
- Primary responsibilities include Microsoft patch management, application distribution, applications management operating system deployment, and data collection via SCCM reporting.
- SCCM Engineer will be expected to develop automation process, self-service options and framework as needed
- SCCM Engineer must be knowledgeable in multiple technology areas including client computer hardware, operating systems, end-user desktop software, end-user device security management and patching via SCCM .
- Creating a deployment Task Sequence and deploying the Task Sequence
- The SCCM Engineer will also be required to troubleshoot and correct complex application and Microsoft security patch deployment issues while ensuring compliance to service level agreements.
- Additionally, SCCM Engineers serve as an escalation points for all Service Desk related issues. They must be knowledgeable in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Site System Roles, Distribution Point management, and basic networking principles.
- Power Bi Reporting for SCCM, Monitoring the health of SCCM distribution points and disk space and memory usage for SCCM servers and create custom SCCM reports
- Reviewing and auditing the backup plan to mitigate the loss of SCCM services in the event of a disaster with the least amount of data loss possible
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Min 5 years of IT experience in core System Center functional areas like SCCM, SCORCH and SCOM administration, including Microsoft patch management, application distribution, automation using SCORCH runbook with excellent PowerShell experience.
- Applicable technical certifications preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Experience with SCCM system administration, engineering, architecture and design
- Experience in infrastructure technologies, including aspects of designing, implementing and supporting systems at the engineering level
- Experience troubleshooting issue remediation for client laptop and server communication and providing resolution
- Advanced experience with Operations System Deployment (OSD) around imaging, analysis and troubleshooting and automating those issue detections/resolutions (Level III/IIII Support)
- Able to create new SCCM documentation on best practices and industry standards to deliver to those operational support teams, creating custom reports in SCCM (SQL)
- Supporting Microsoft Server/SCCM; Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager
- SQL-based application administration; create custom SCCM reports and SQL queries in SSRS.
- Microsoft Windows and IIS server administration;
- Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft Server/SCCM systems; Microsoft Key Management Services technology for Windows and Office;
- Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management Tool;
- Security benchmarking, vulnerability scanning, and remediation technologies and procedures
- Working knowledge of common server-based applications
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory and networking concepts such as TCP/IP and other networking protocols and services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing, MAC
- Experience in PowerShell scripting highly desired
- Working knowledge of Intune, mobile device management, mobile application management desired
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.