The Administrative Specialist at SGS LifeScience Services reports to the Manager of Billing/Administration. In general,the Administrative Specialist with a focus on collections. Other duties includefiling invoices, emailing credit card information to corporate accounting forprocessing, forwarding checks received to the corporate accounting office,answering phone, and scanning, typing reports and general office tasks as needed.
This is a full-time, benefited position with theLife Science Services division of SGS North America, Inc. SGSis the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certificationcompany. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 officesand laboratories around the world.
• Focus on collections of past due invoices.
Field client phone calls in a friendly, polite, and ultimatelyprofessional manner.
• Direct all client inquiries to the appropriate technical personnel (ormanagement). • Answer client questions and/or respond to client requests fortesting information in a prompt, efficient manner that cultivates trust andreliability.
• Greet visitors to the lab in a professional, courteous manner.
• Respond appropriately to all client requests for rush test results.
• Invoices for testing are processed according to client quotes and/or billingnotes, standard pricing schedule, or pricing from departmental manager.
• Verify prices, print and send invoices by mail and/or email to clients forall testing performed at the laboratory.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES - INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Provide administrative support to technical staff whenever necessary andappropriate (in terms of filing, mailing, faxing, word processing, etc.).
• Provide administrative support to managers whenever necessary and appropriate(in terms of filing, mailing, faxing, word processing, etc.).
• Ensure that all staff requests for help or information or support are treatedfairly and professionally.
• Ensure that administrative co-workers receive the help and support they needin order for the team as a whole to succeed.
• Emailing credit card information to corporate accounting for processing.
• Forward checks received to the corporate accounting office.
• Scanning documents as needed.
• May be training to help with the logging in of samples and/or procurementspecialist tasks/procedures as needed
• Proper use of computer hardware and software provided to do the job.
• Proper use of office equipment, e.g. scanners, printers, copiers, faxmachine, mail stamp meter.
• Miscellaneous word processing tasks (letters, quotes, protocols, etc.).
• Miscellaneous office tasks (filing documents, mailing documents, sortingincoming mail, etc.).
• Knowledge of and familiarity with all SOP’s pertaining to administrativefunctions. • Participation in administrative staff meetings and trainingsessions.
• Help the Manager, Billing/Administrative structure and organize efforts inall administrative areas.
• Keep the Manager, Billing/Administrative informed of any system relatedissues which impact the area.
• Minimum twelve years general education ( or equivalent) required.
• Professional business and/or technical training (or equivalent in experience)required.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with systems and procedures required.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Computer skills for basic data entry and word processing required.
• Full knowledge of an familiarity with computer keyboard required; must typeminimum of 45 wpm with accuracy.
• Language proficiency (fundamentals of grammar and syntax) required.
• Solid organizational skills required; must be able to prioritize multipletasks.
• Ability to think critically and engage in rudimentary problem-solvingrequired.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Able to interact effectively with persons from various diverse backgrounds.
• Able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team.
• Able to follow directions well.
•To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. Therequirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement ofduties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job.Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassignduties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran statusor disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you havedifficulty completing the on-line employment application because of adisability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. Youwill be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for generalemployment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencingdifficulty applying for a position due to a disability.