Employees working at the level of Analyst 1 at SGS report to a Laboratory Supervisor or Manager in the Analytical Services Laboratory. In general, the Analyst 1 is responsible for conduct of routine analytical work performed on pharmaceutical products and medical devices, as well as assisting other Analysts in the completion of their tasks. General duties essential to an orderly, efficient and prepared Analytical laboratory will also be applicable to this position. A person at the Analyst 1 level may be asked to participate in the preparation and review process for laboratory SOPs and forms/worksheets. Overall, this position presents the employee with an opportunity to play a key customer service role in the company while simultaneously learning the technical skills required to advance in the field of pharmaceutical analysis.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO CLIENTS
• Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
• Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS other services) are passed on to appropriate company personnel in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time and quality-of-work expectations.
• Participation in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS client services.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Ensure that all reasonable requests from department management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that other Analysts working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive the help and cooperation they need to successfully complete their studies.
• Provide the Administrative Laboratory Supervisor with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
• Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
• Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
• Perform various routine analytical studies as required by client submissions. Duties here include preparation for testing by using good time management skills for each assigned task, such as confirming availability of resources (standards, equipment, etc.) and adequacy of testing documentation, proper application of test procedures, proper technique for data capture and recording, and preparation of the final report of analysis.
• Provide crucial support to other Analysts in the conduct of their studies.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification and repair.
• Adherence to relevant SGS SOPs governing documentation and reporting.
• Compliance with applicable SGS SOPs related to the handling of client complaints.
• Adherence to applicable SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.