The Laboratory Analyst 2 is expected to be thoroughly knowledgeable in and will be responsible for all of the routine testing done on pharmaceutical products and medical devices in the Analytical Services Laboratory. He or she will also be expected to take on a more diverse mix of testing assignments and will be expected to play a lead role in more advanced or demanding analytical studies. The Lab Analyst 2 will be asked to participate in the preparation and review process of key department documents such as SOPs, forms, worksheets and study protocols. Training of incoming analytical staff, and general laboratory duties pertaining to equipment maintenance and calibration, for instance, may also be applicable to this position.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO CLIENTS
• Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
• Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS’s other services) are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, and quality expectations.
• Ensure that client requests pertaining to the development and completion of specialized studies are met in a timely and effective manner. May act as staff liaison for certain specialized testing elements performed routinely for selected clients.
• Participation in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS’s client services.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Ensure that all reasonable requests from department management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that other Analysts working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive the help and cooperation they need to successfully complete their work.
• Provide the Department Team Leader -- Administrative Support with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
• Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
• Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
• Responsible for performance of various routine analytical studies requested by clients as well as certain advanced or specialized studies as requested by clients. Duties here include preparation for testing by using good time management skills for each assigned task, such as confirming availability of resources (standards, equipment, etc.) and adequacy of testing documentation, proper application of test procedures, proper technique for data capture and recording, and preparation of the final report of analysis.
• Provide crucial support to other Analysts in the conduct of their studies.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Participate in the review process for appropriate department SOPs, study protocols, and data forms.
• Participate in the training of incoming analytical testing staff.
• Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification and repair.
• Adherence to relevant SGS SOPs governing documentation and reporting.
• Adherence to applicable SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• Compliance with applicable SGS SOPs related to the handling of client complaints.
• Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.