The Service Parts Logistics (SPL) Associate Manager ensures customer satisfaction at his/her facilities and associated
agent locations. This position manages the training and development of employees to ensure compliance with UPS and regulatory processes (e.g., security, environmental, health and safety, etc.). He/She must have knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Profit & Loss (P&L) management. The Service Parts Logistics (SPL) Associate Manager prepares account billing, billing forecasting, asset management, and employee scheduling to ensure profitable and efficient operations. This position manages others within the department.
The Service Parts Logistics (SPL) Associate Manager manages returns, shipments, and receipts of customer products to ensure
accurate inbound and outbound processes. He/She monitors inventory and cycle counting through report analyses to ensure accurate and complete cycle counting results and inventory control. This position forecasts billing (e.g., manpower, supplies, etc.) based on last year's performance and presents to senior management to ensure UPS has accurate forecasting for proper billing maintenance.
The Service Parts Logistics (SPL) Associate Manager oversees SPL staff interaction with customer representatives to ensure procedures are followed and customers are satisfied. He/She manages and maintains an open relationship with each employee through regular contact and an open door policy to foster open and honest relationships.
- Supports CHSP Committee members and wellness champions to ensure they have the materials and resources needed to perform their duties.
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Processes invoices and storage charges through the financial system (i.e., iProcurement) to complete account specific billing.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan.
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of common estimation and forecasting techniques; identifies items that require estimation; identifies relevant data sources; identifies general trends in relevant data.
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates thorough knowledge of injury/crash prevention techniques and job methods; analyzes injury/crash trends, behavioral observation data and audit results; creates, executes and validates effective prevention strategies; creates an environment where employees want to be engaged in the safety process.
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Establishes and maintains entry level contacts in customer organizations; builds relationships to further understand customers’ business and objectives.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Talent Acquisition: Describes talent acquisition practices; assists in selection and hiring of employees; demonstrates awareness of employment specific laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Experience using S-Plus Software – Preferred
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) - Preferred
- Experience with Profit and Loss (P&L) Management- Preferred
- Experience with forecast reporting - Preferred
- Experience with budget reporting - Preferred
- Experience with resolving customer-facing issues - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity