Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts receivable or related financial area. Reconciles bank statements, post payments, balances general accounts, and contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems related to customer payments or receivable balances.
- Perform tasks related to accounts receivable.
- Understand and complete internal forms for correcting or posting to customer accounts.
- Maintain sensitive customer financial information.
- Maintains organized financial records, both paper and electronic.
- Develops and makes recommendations to improve and control department processes to ensure perming at optimal levels.
- Handles escalated accounts receivable issues.
- Handles interface reconciliations and the transferring of data files.
- Reconciles band and general ledger accounts.
- Provides information to auditors.
- Provides service to internal and external customers.
- AA in Business Administration/Accounting and/or Accounting related experience
- Knowledge of working with interfacing two systems preferred
- Ability to read and interpret general business procedures
- Ability to prioritize
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Intermediate/advanced data entry skills
- Understanding of business processes and impact of such processes on accounting processes/procedures, including identifying control risks
- Ability to carry out and enforce basic advanced policies, methods and procedures
- Adaptability, applied learning and initiating action
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.