Location: Tempe, Arizona
Salary: 55k - 65k
This is an upward growth position with a recognized industry leader!
- Prepare accounting related journal entries
- Support accounts payable activities such as vendor management and bill entry
- Regularly maintain detailed bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparing month-end and year-end closes
- Monitoring compliance with subcontract and purchase order terms.
- Reviewing and understanding financial statements.
- Reviewing and understanding the flow of transactions through general ledger accounts.
- Develop and analyze accounting procedures; recommend changes
- Accomplish department and organization mission by completing tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Experience in PeopleSoft highly preferred
- Experience in a construction related industry highly preferred but not required
- Understands core accounting concepts
- Ability to multitask and work under time restraints
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to learn
- Strong Excel skills a must!
- Able to work independently and perform at a high level of accuracy.
- Highly committed to meet all deadlines and goals.
- Desire for ongoing learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications is expected.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.