Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION CENTER (I & II)
Compensation Base: $19.47
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general guidance this position assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide treatment for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and instructional programs. Finally, this position serves as a lead and mentor to other Substance Abuse Counselors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a lead and mentor to other Substance Abuse Counselors.
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency treatment programs and the Substance Abuse Education Program.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on all incoming inmates.
- Develops an individual written program plan for each inmate within his/her assigned case load.
- Completes all required documentation and/or required forms for those inmates who are assigned to his/her case load.
- Assists in the coordination of resident program schedules to ensure the needs of the image and goals set by the Individual Written Program Plan are met.
- Develop discharge plan and provide follow-up on inmates who are released from the program.
- Recruits volunteers to participate in Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous programs.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.