JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Software Developer with experience designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions using cloud services, including AWS. You will work with data scientists and other software developers to design, develop, and implement solutions to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced development environment to solve challenging problems.
Participate in full software development lifecycle – creation of user stories; software design, development, and testing; and operational support.
Advise on major architectural decisions, and help to review code and implementations.
Understand customer requirements and translate them into technical solutions, including documentation and architecture diagrams.
Lead development of software solution leveraging AWS cloud services and multiple frameworks and security systems.
Provide Subject Matter Expertise and input on software products and development decisions, taking into account data storage, network, security, computational resources, and other considerations specific to the applicable use cases.
Communicate effectively with audiences of multiple technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Work with other team members and data scientists to effectively showcase developed analytics.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess the desire and ability to rapidly understand the customer’s challenges and objectives in order to formulate creative and effective technical solutions.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance.
- Experience with the Agile methodology and providing technical leadership on software development efforts.
- Proficient in Linux/UNIX CLI, shell scripting, and automation languages (BASH, Python, etc).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies, especially as related to large scale ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data processing workloads (CloudFormation, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, EMR, RedShift, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS).
- Experience working with reproducible frameworks for large scale data ingestion.
- Experience working with highly scalable, fault tolerant database solutions (SQL and NoSQL).
- Proficiency with container solutions such as Docker and Amazon Elastic Container Service.
- Experience managing configuration and deployment strategies for rapid deployment of new systems and rolling updates of production systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and (4) years or more experience
- US Citizen, capable of obtaining a security clearance.
- 4+ years of experience working in a Linux development environment interacting with cloud services such as AWS.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability