Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
- Actively participate in all applicable corporate and division sponsored safety initiatives via monthly safety calls, annual safety conferences and specialized training classes.
- Provide general direction and coaching to the plant safety team leaders to insure compliance issues are adequate. Aid the team leaders in developing meeting agendas, training materials and activities to meet established objectives.
- Maintain necessary documentation involving historical data, incident investigations and training records.
- Schedules and trains on all OSHA required training programs to all facility employees, with assistance.
- Responsible for setting up all specialized training programs such as First Aid, CPR and Fire Evacuation Drills.
- Ensures audit compliance is in place such as Fire Extinguisher Monthly Audits, Powered Industrial Trucks, etc.
- Works closely with Supervisors on the investigation of all safety incidents. Ensures full investigations and corrective actions are in place.
- Inspects and reports any safety related concerns with the maintenance department and or other required parties and follows proper work order requests and follow-up.
- Works closely with Human Resources to determine trends in accidents or safety concerns to identify additional training requirements.
- Provides guidance and consistent communication with employees and adherence to safety compliance.
- Works closely with Corporate approved vendor on safety PPE and the ordering and inventory process. Facilitates weekly start-up meetings with regard to all safety topics and trainings.
- Reports and acts on all food safety and quality problems reported by plant personnel.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 1- 2 years of safety experience and knowledge of required OSHA training and regulatory compliance required.
- Previous experience in a safety role within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess strong assessment and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and other safety related topic required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.