The Sales Account Manager (SAM) is a field based position charged with enrolling Medicare beneficiaries, residing in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, into the UnitedHealthcare Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP) or the UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living Plan.
If you are located in the Northwest, IN Territory, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize the national sales model to generate leads and enroll beneficiaries into the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home or Assisted Living Medicare Advantage plan
- Develop and manage account specific strategies to educate and engage facility personnel, resulting in the generation of interested residents and/or families (responsible parties)
- Utilize traditional sales strategies to uncover needs and introduce features and benefits of the plan
- Generate enrollments consistent with targets established for the territory
- Document all activity to ensure compliance with Medicare Marketing Guidelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Prior sales experience in a B2C or B2B setting
- Use of a CRM preferred or the ability to show technical skills
- Demonstrated account management skills (including planning, documentation and measurement)
- Must have, or be able to obtain, appropriate state licensure within 90 days of hire date
- Maintain licensure and product certification based on policies and procedures
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Must maintain a state driver’s license or arrange for transportation in the field
- Ability to travel 90% throughout the designated local territory
- B2B and B2C experience
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: sales, nursinghome, skilled nursing facility, long term care, acute care, medical sales, DME,laboratory sales, lab sales, medical equipment sales, durable medicalequipment, pharmaceutical sales, infusion sales, home car