Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Regional Sales Engineer – Team Lead and is located at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As a Sales Account Manager - Pittsburgh, you will be entitled to work and to grow ABB’s local market share through attracting new customers and by increasing spend of existing customers. This role is one that is both challenging and rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to really develop an interesting career in account management and business strategy while working in a teaming environment.
- To manage, support and develop solution sales for ABB Low Voltage Drives and Services at assigned Distributor, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and End User Accounts by Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business.
- Establish strong working relationships with key customers and end users. Using country/customer specific review material. Implementing short- and long-term business plan and actions.
- Responsible for Distributor account planning for assigned territory. Working with large End user / OEM accounts (as assigned) to ensure consistent national support in a local area. Work closely with a diverse front-end sales & channel team.
- Technical Sales involves scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentations to the client, having researched their business and requirements. Meet or exceed assigned sales budget in assigned territory.
- Creating and securing accurate and complete quotations that meet customer expectations.
- Negotiating and making offers in accordance with company procedures. Providing regular account summary reports to sales manager.
- Extensive use of SalesForce.com as our primary Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Support Global Account Managers and Strategic Account Managers in sales efforts.
- Support trade shows, industry associations as required and ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably in engineering with a minimum of 2 years of related experience OR Associate's degree in a technical field, preferably in engineering with a minimum of 8 years of related experience OR a high school diploma/GED with 10 or more years of related technical sales experience.
- Ability to travel to manage territory to meet the overall sales goals of the business.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Extensive sales and application background in Low Voltage Drives in the Industrial space. Product and market knowledge in Drives and related systems and services.
- Demonstrated ability to sell a technical solution and services. History of account management at OEM, End User and Industrial Distributors.
- Understanding of customer needs, experience in customer interface and strong presentation skills.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, good communication skills, Social, networking and stress-tolerant, cultural sensitivity, flexibility e.g. traveling.
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft office platform. Familiar with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software tool like Sales Force, ACT or similar.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.