Are you a driven and motivated Sales professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, building relationships with customers, collaborating with great internal teams, being innovative to achieve business results? Then join one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have built a culture that places enormous value on each individual, our animals, the environment and the communities we all share. Smithfield Foods and our Sales teams are consistently evolving and looking for individuals that can help foster relationships and achieve results to impact our bottom line!
As a Sales Team member, your primary responsibility would be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales on key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Whether it is bacon, ham, fresh pork or another product category you will work directly with the customers and cross-functional with everyone from Business Management to our Plant Operations to deliver the service and products to our customers and consumers.
The Sales Account Manager- Pet Treats is responsible for planning and implementing sales activities in a designated area of trade class to achieve sales objectives. This role requires finding new business opportunities and management of customer relationships. The goal is to develop new business which results into long term profitable business for the Company. Must be willing to work closely with multi-functional support to ensure successful implementation.
Due to the nature of our business, this job periodically requires after-hours, weekend and sometimes holiday work. All efforts will be made to create the best work/life balance possible.Core Responsibilities
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of pet treats to key customers.
- Develops and achieves maximum sales volume consistent with realistic sales projections for accounts served.
- Maintains business with existing accounts for continued growth.
- Collaborates with all multi-functional resources for successful planning and execution.
- Conducts Market Research, Customer and Competitor analysis.
- Develops promotional ideas and materials to drive incremental volume.
- Cultivates effective business relationships with key decision makers within Customer portfolio.
- Provide constant feedback on customer opportunities.
- Grows target customers' sales volume through relationships with buyers and ADWW.
- Develops strategy and implements growth with national Pet Distributor.
- Responsible for managing the returns/rejections/complaints processes.
- Responsible for developing and managing customer profiles and related master data \u2013 PMDM.
- Responsible for developing and managing customer service related performance metrics.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and minimum of 3+ year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Sales role selling in Pet Channel, preferred.
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables), Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- E-Retailing and SAP experience, preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits