The Sales Assistant assists the Sales Team in ensuring questions, quotes, and orders are handled promptly and accurately and works to contribute customer follow up and
sales growth initiatives.
Outline of Tasks:
* Answer phone & e-mails to assist customer needs.
* Provide customers information regarding pricing and product.
* Provide customer order & shipping quotes.
* Input orders into the system.
* Check stock on orders.
* Maintain various programs including dealer network information.
* Enforce dealer contract principles.
* Customer management
* Sales Growth initiatives
* Attend select trade shows when needed.
* Any additional duties to assist the sales staff.
* Must be comfortable speaking on the phone.
* Must maintain a friendly demeanor with customers over the phone and in
person at all times.
* Must be computer savvy including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
(some okay), and Google.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Must have proficient English writing skills.
* Some travel required (less than 5% - some by car, some possibly by airplane).
* Must maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Trade Shows are occasionally required (less than 5%).
* Must be willing to work overtime or unscheduled times when/if needed
(rarely but occasionally).
* Must be detail oriented.
* Must be well organized.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of times.
* Must be able to work from a computer for extended periods of times.
* Must be able to do occasional light lifting.
* Must be able to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.