The ideal candidate for our Sales Assistant at Sinclair Sports Group is a highly proactive individual who takes initiative, problem solves, is a critical thinker and enjoys Sports! This role requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaborate with a broader team. Strong functional knowledge of media ad sales planning and basic math is required. The position will have a focus on Sinclair Sports Group’s Tennis Channel business unit.
Sinclair Sports Group offers remote/hybrid options for many roles.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Tennis Channel’s Account Executives and Operations Team in managing post sales activities from advertising orders to client needs and requirements
- Enter system data with National Advertisers of commercial inventory on a weekly basis
- Responsible for flighting, resolving discrepancies, preemptions and the creation of quarterly flow charts
- Proactively solve or prevent campaign issues
- Use computer software, including Broadway and the MS Office applications
- Provide daily customer support and service both over the phone and by email, while adhering to the highest standards of professional etiquette
- Interacting with other internal departments, mainly including, finance, traffic and marketing
- Assist Sales Planners with liability tracking
- Maintain account/client details and database
- Perform various clerical and administrative tasks
- Regularly update all client/buyer/planner contact information
- Bachelor's Degree in advertising, marketing or relevant field
- Minimum 1-2 years professional experience
- Experience with an Advertising Agency or Network as an intern is a plus
- Must be a detail-oriented, quick learner with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Excel, with strong mathematical skills
- Well versed with other MS Office applications
- Comfortable taking initiative, being self-sufficient and resourceful
- Passion for Tennis and sports overall, a plus
Sinclair is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.