*Territory will cover Central/Southern CA, Utah and Nevada*
The Sales Associate will coordinate, sell, and support Cardinal Health assigned products through in-servicing and field-based selling experiences to achieve sales objectives in all categories in the region they support, while developing/supporting clinical and distributor relationships.
In addition to direct selling impact, this position offers an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop the necessary sales skills and experience for a successful career in a Sales role. Sales associates will receive the necessary mentorship in product selling, sales skills, and corporate training to develop into a successful sales representative within Cardinal Health.
Provide in-service support (technical, clinical and educational) in the acute hospital setting to hospital customers and to the field sales team under the leadership and direction of the Region Director. Primary product categories include but are not limited to Enteral Feeding, Enteral Access, Incontinence, Advanced Wound Care, Urology, Venous Solutions, and Monitoring and OR products.
In addition to in-servicing, the sales associate is responsible for troubleshooting, managing Enteral contracts, assisting with conferences, analyzing GPO tier reports, assisting with open territories, and other tasks.
- Report to the Region Director, with broad responsibility for increasing and promoting the sales of assigned product lines by assisting the field organization
- Complete the same training curriculum as an Account Representative including Field Training and Advanced Corporate Training to allow associates to make fluent and effective presentations of all assigned products
- Assist in the scheduling, coordination and conduction of in-services, educational events, value added programs at accounts identified by the Region Director
- Assist the Account Representatives in coordinating and monitoring product evaluations as determined by the Region Director or Account Representative
- Manage activity in open territories (promotions, terminations, extended leaves, etc…)
- Increase knowledge base through attendance at educational programs / seminars / conferences, as well as reading journals and participating in committee or group programs
- Assist in preparation for large meetings, as identified by the Region Director, including creating presentations, preparing sample packs and literature, and assisting during meeting presentations
- Assist Region Director with certain cross references and pricing analysis, including analyzing GPO reports to identify opportunities for “tier level clean-up” and provide summaries to the Sales Representatives and Region Director.
- 0-1 year in a sales or marketing role
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent phone, written, and in-person communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Customer-focused and results-driven; Action orientated; Strong work ethic and career ambition
- Ability to develop and present demonstrations for complex products
- A valid driver's license issued in one of the 50 States with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel 75% as necessary, which will include overnight and/or weekends, as required.
- Openness to regional relocation within 24 months of employment.
Los Angeles Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.