What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As a Sales Coordinator, you would be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to department managers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Specific Job Knowledge Skill and Ability
- Weekly-Monthly Reporting: Run and distribute a range of reports to varying departments.
- Inventory and order office supplies for multiple departments. Review sales collateral insuring the information is up to date.
- Update departmental expenses in relation to the yearly budget. Review expense reports and process purchase orders to cover manager and department costs.
- Review new advertising opportunities, and current schedules and deadlines. Submit creative on time and update when needed.
- Track manager numbers and prepare incentive reports on a monthly-Quarterly basis.
- Monitor business travel and tradeshow schedules throughout the year. Book flights, guestrooms, and transportation when needed.
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines.
- Manage delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines and update Directors/Managers.
- Answer telephone inquiries in a timely and courteous manner. Request all pertinent information from the caller to be able to forward the call to the appropriate person. Gathers all details related to event and confirms that all contact information (phone & e-mail) is correct.
- Schedule all internal marketing meetings, advertiser meetings, and any other internal meeting requests made by the DOSM.
- Communicate to external contacts any communication deemed necessary by the DOSM.
- Act as the main point of contact for marketing and advertising solicitations, as well as requests for donation.
- Copying/Scanning and distributing of internal/external letters, forms, contracts, schedules, and mail. E-mail correspondence directed by DOSM as needed.
- Responsible for initiating the preparation of advertising and vendor contracts and proofing for 100% accuracy before returning to DOSM.
- Run and distribute all reports as appropriate which may include: Budget, status, variance, and forecast reports, among other reports as noted by the DOSM.
- Responsible for organizing and managing Sales & Marketing folders in the hotel's internal database. Updates new documents and purges old documents.
- Maintain and organize Sales & Marketing files according to standards - When working within files ensures that all documents are filed according to File Set-up Standards.
- Draft business forms and letters according to formal business writing standards.
- Maintain computer data for Sales & Marketing Department including updating and troubleshooting.
- Assists with special projects assigned by management with frequent follow-up outlining what has been completed and what remains to be done. Special projects as required include the following: reports, creating and updating forms and correspondence, Client Event planning, researching and ordering collateral and promotional items, etc...
- Study and review company or department procedures
- Recommend management action to improve standard operating procedures. Present comparisons on costs, risks, and benefits
- Develop and test new procedures
- Take part in any administrative meetings to assure secretarial follow-through
- Take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature, especially when bosses' specialty is not administrative
- Prepare and control administrative budgets
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
Living the Values
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton WorldwideÆs Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.